The tumultuous final days of the reign of Queen Elizabeth I find powerful expression in Donizetti’s Tudor drama.
April 25, 29,
May 3, 10, 15, 18, 21, 2014
Sung in Italian with English SURTITLES™
Queen Elizabeth I, the central character in Roberto Devereux, has always attracted the foremost divas of their day. That tradition now continues with Sondra Radvanovsky, the world’s leading interpreter of the great 19th-century Italian prima donna roles. Donizetti’s show-stopping melodies and sumptuous period costumes bring the intrigue of the Elizabethan court to life within a Shakespearean-inspired Globe Theatre setting.
With the COC Orchestra and Chorus
- Conductor Corrado Rovaris
- Director Stephen Lawless
- Set Designer Benoit Dugardyn
- Costume Designer Ingeborg Bernerth
- Chorus Master Sandra Horst
- Elizabetta Sondra Radvanovsky
- Nottingham Russell Braun
- Roberto Devereux Giuseppe Filianoti
- Sara Allyson McHardy